Not new, but returning after a long hiatus

RosenKrieger

It's been close to a decade since I've been on here. My life took a bit of a downturn and I got out of the hobby for a while. I've spent the last couple years getting back on my feet and I finally have reached the point where I could get back into the hobby. I was browsing around arachnoboards (after getting back into my old account) and found a reference to this forum and was able to resurrect my account. Currently keeping 5 tarantulas, hissing roaches, dubias, and a trio of N. Gordanus millipedes. Along with a ball python and 2 cats. 

• Like 2

Welcome back, glad to have you here! 😁 This hobby's come quite a way in the last decade, it's still a somewhat small hobby compared to some of the other invert groups out there, but we've got lots more species to choose from than we did a decade ago! 

10 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

Welcome back, glad to have you here! 😁 This hobby's come quite a way in the last decade, it's still a somewhat small hobby compared to some of the other invert groups out there, but we've got lots more species to choose from than we did a decade ago! 

Yeah, I'm noticing that. lol  The tarantula taxonomy has changed quite a bit. I'll be browsing and see a spider I recognize with a binomial name I don't recognize. lol 
I used to have a bunch of roach colonies (close to 30 at one point) and I would love to get more. I'm hoping that'll be easier here than finding them on arachnoboards. 90% of roaches you see in their classifieds are feeder species.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RosenKrieger said:

Yeah, I'm noticing that. lol  The tarantula taxonomy has changed quite a bit. I'll be browsing and see a spider I recognize with a binomial name I don't recognize. lol 
I used to have a bunch of roach colonies (close to 30 at one point) and I would love to get more. I'm hoping that'll be easier here than finding them on arachnoboards. 90% of roaches you see in their classifieds are feeder species.

Yeah tarantula taxonomy seems to change very often lol, with roaches it's not that bad lol. 😂 And yeah should be easier to find pet roach species for sale here for sure, like you said most of what's available on AB are feeders. 

18 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

Yeah tarantula taxonomy seems to change very often lol, with roaches it's not that bad lol. 😂 And yeah should be easier to find pet roach species for sale here for sure, like you said most of what's available on AB are feeders. 

Yeah, so far I'm just noticing there are some species that aren't really around anymore and a few new ones. Looks like it's time to do some research and catch up. I just have to avoid the classifieds section for now, though. Luckily my wife won't mind new additions, but my bank account wouldn't be too happy with me. 🤣

• Like 1

On 12/18/2020 at 1:39 AM, RosenKrieger said:

It's been close to a decade since I've been on here. My life took a bit of a downturn and I got out of the hobby for a while. I've spent the last couple years getting back on my feet and I finally have reached the point where I could get back into the hobby. I was browsing around arachnoboards (after getting back into my old account) and found a reference to this forum and was able to resurrect my account. Currently keeping 5 tarantulas, hissing roaches, dubias, and a trio of N. Gordanus millipedes. Along with a ball python and 2 cats. 

Welcome back to the hobby and the forum. 🙂

21 hours ago, RosenKrieger said:

Thanks for the welcome. :) I noticed the links in your signature and gave you a follow on IG and FB, btw

Much appreciated! Gave you a follow back. 👍