Panchlora sp Banana Roach questions

I'm about to buy one of the different types of banana roaches, but can't decide yet. It seems like there are 4 varieties in regular circulation. I've read all the information i can find, and am looking for some first hand info from people who keep them. Right now i'm leaning towards Panchlora nivea, or the yellow.

Panchlora nivea

Panchlora sp. “Costa Rica”

Panchlora sp. “Costa Rica” Yellow

Panchlora sp. “Giant”

Is there anything better, or worse about each? Please feel free to add in any information you know. Differences in care, feeding? Harder, or easier to keep? Do each have a similar short adult lifespan? Faster, or slower breeders? Etc.

12 minutes ago, wizentrop said:

Your speckled crashed?? Wow, that is very surprising to hear, considering it is one of the most prolific and resilient Panchlora, able to withstand desiccation, long starvation, and a temperature range of -4C to 36C (25F to 96F).

I know right? I was surprised and completely lost at why this happened. Goes without saying, but was disappointing! Same substrate, same kind of bin, same temp(right next to my other panchlora in a heated room), nothing was really different. I did add some rotten wood and leaf litter, my others liked it and still do, but maybe some sort of fungi? Guess I'll never know.

I have seen a few comments on speckled being similar, but quicker breeding than Nivea. I didn't see speckled available the last time I looked.

Everything i've read on the white leads me to believe they're more difficult to keep, and expensive to start a colony. Is this not still the case?

Jimbobtom how dense was your bin at the time?

22 minutes ago, Smiley said:

I have seen a few comments on speckled being similar, but quicker breeding than Nivea. I didn't see speckled available the last time I looked.

Everything i've read on the white leads me to believe they're more difficult to keep, and expensive to start a colony. Is this not still the case?

Like, how crowded? Hard to say, but not an extraordinary amount. I'd say not much more than my other bins of panchlora.

On 4/21/2021 at 4:04 PM, Smiley said:

Where did you look for the speckled?