My Polyphaga saussurei

I brought over 100 Polyphaga saussurei cockroaches from the Kyzylkum desert. These are adults and nymphs of different ages and sex. Females now systematically produce ootheca, which are incubated separately. I do not plan to sell my cockroaches, but my dream is to create a wonderful, full-fledged culture of this species, where there are both females and males. As far as I know, all existing cultures are parthenogenetic, so I have a unique experiment :)

In the photo there is a male and a female from my collection

uxORstFxodk.jpg?size=810x1080&quality=96&sign=b0c1ea3c3fa08b6cd0e5489976a823cc&type=album

Fzo9Ayb3HA8.jpg?size=810x1080&quality=96&sign=e8574910df6999a6e418ec2ed9a004ec&type=album

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gromphadorhini said:

I brought over 100 Polyphaga saussurei cockroaches from the Kyzylkum desert. These are adults and nymphs of different ages and sex. Females now systematically produce ootheca, which are incubated separately. I do not plan to sell my cockroaches, but my dream is to create a wonderful, full-fledged culture of this species, where there are both females and males. As far as I know, all existing cultures are parthenogenetic, so I have a unique experiment :)

In the photo there is a male and a female from my collection

Very cool! :D Would love to have a sexually reproducing strain of this species in US culture! If only to see a giant male saussurei in person...

• Like 1