Polyphaga indica vitripennis

In early May, I received material from Uzbekistan, collected in three locations: a clay desert near the city of Termez (extreme south), from the surrounding sandy massifs of the year of Bukhara and from the sandy desert of the Nurata nature reserve. Naturally, all the material came unnamed. I, the person involved in this group, have previously identified the material in my laboratory. As a result: an adult female from the vicinity of the city of Termez turned out to be Polyphaga saussurei; three females from the sands of Bukhara - Polyphaga indica vitripennis (why exactly ssp. vitripennis - because the nominative subspecies does not occur on the territory of the former USSR); two subadult females and a subadult male from the Nurata Nature Reserve are also P. indica vitripennis.

The adult females from the first two locations were unambiguously fertilized in nature and began to lay ootheca on the way. Females from the Nurata Nature Reserve, and later the male, molted into adults. And now, just yesterday, I discovered that both of them immediately begin to form ooteca.

We will conduct laboratory observations of this material. I think that with such a high productivity, there is a chance to introduce this material into laboratory culture.

Вот самец P. indica vitripennis:

a9N7-FJxcL8.jpg?size=810x1080&quality=96&sign=9e02ab5ce8f0484e5611ee3a3f55d39a&type=album

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Hisserdude said:

Красивый!!! : D Надеюсь, вам удастся их развести, такой красивый вид!

Yes, they are very beautiful, males look like ghosts)))) It's a pity that we won't be able to communicate in the messenger, I don't know English, but I speak Spanish very badly. But we have already found a common language and even made a little friendship :) We also have a common acquaintance, my friend - Philip Byzov :)

Don't you want to learn Russian? :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gromphadorhini said:

Yes, they are very beautiful, males look like ghosts)))) It's a pity that we won't be able to communicate in the messenger, I don't know English, but I speak Spanish very badly. But we have already found a common language and even made a little friendship :) We also have a common acquaintance, my friend - Philip Byzov :)

Don't you want to learn Russian? :lol::lol::lol:

Yes, so pale, I love the black wing margins too! :D 

I wish I knew other languages, but I have enough trouble writing in English sometimes! 😂 But thankfully we have google translate so we can still communicate here. ;) Ah yes, I know Philip, at least I've chatted with him a few times about roaches. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthroverts said:

Я скачал приложение для изучения русского языка и уже удивляюсь тому, насколько сложно мне как англоговорящему американцу произносить многие русские слова, ха-ха. Может, я просто попробую научиться читать на языке.

That's great :lol: In fact, yes, the phonetics of our languages is completely different, except for simple vowels and consonants. For example, it is very difficult for us to pronounce the article "the" :) It is easier for us to read it as "te" or in extreme cases as "ze". We have very close phonetics with Spanish, Italian and Portuguese.

And of course it is easier to read and understand than to speak in a foreign language, this is certainly :lol:

And the Ukrainian language is generally very difficult. If I hear it on TV or on YouTube, I don’t understand anything at all what the Ukrainians are saying :lol:

2 hours ago, Gromphadorhini said:

Two females with ootheca. Finally, I got the first results! The male did a good job! :D

Congratulations, this is great news! :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gromphadorhini said:

That's great :lol: In fact, yes, the phonetics of our languages is completely different, except for simple vowels and consonants. For example, it is very difficult for us to pronounce the article "the" :) It is easier for us to read it as "te" or in extreme cases as "ze". We have very close phonetics with Spanish, Italian and Portuguese.

And of course it is easier to read and understand than to speak in a foreign language, this is certainly :lol:

And the Ukrainian language is generally very difficult. If I hear it on TV or on YouTube, I don’t understand anything at all what the Ukrainians are saying :lol:

Yes indeed, I was just reviewing the Cyrillic alphabet and was trying to make sense of what I was seeing.

How interesting! I never would have guessed "the" would be so problematic, but it makes sense after seeing how your alphabet doesn't really make allowance for it.

Really? I've heard that in some areas Ukrainian and Russian are nearly identical, but maybe this was just a mistake or it has more to do with local dialects.

But to return to the roaches, huzzah! Very good to hear they are already reproducing.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

• Like 1