Portuguese millipede?

Mwewe

Hi folks, 

I purchased around 10 or so “European” millipedes. They were shipped here from Malta. I think they are Portuguese millipedes (don’t know scientific name). Could you check the pics and confirm? 
They are in a 20qt bin with about 30 G. portentosa currently. 

T^T I guess only one pic is suitable “size”B5F32BC4-EB32-4E17-9F68-026A78A11F72.thumb.jpeg.e619c361a0936a1c425b87c45eb76349.jpeg

On 6/27/2022 at 3:40 PM, Allpet Roaches said:

Sorry I'm not familiar with those. How big are they? Adults?

Maybe Pachyiulus flavipes

Oooh you may be correct, I googled some pics and they look similar. I also read that they are very, very common in the Mediterranean, so a likely candidate. 
I’ll get a video later tonight when I get to their bin for feeding/maintenance (working on some new isopod enclosures right now). 

On 6/27/2022 at 3:40 PM, Allpet Roaches said:

Sorry I'm not familiar with those. How big are they? Adults?

Maybe Pachyiulus flavipes

Here is a video:

They’re big, but not huge, maybe ~3” or so. I have no idea if they are adults or not, I’ve only had them a couple months. 
They are very active tonight. 

The millipedes did well with the 3 large females I had with them, but I’m 100% positive at least one brood of babies escaped. 
I pulled everyone out of their old bin (didn’t have a gasket) when I added the additional hissers. They had made some nice burrows and we’re staying in them for the most part. I felt like a d*ck breaking them apart, but I wanted to make sure I got everyone and needed to mix the old substrate in with the new (deeper and more components) substrate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthroverts said:

I agree with the P. flavipes identification. Tachypodoniulus niger is principally the only other large(ish) round millipede from there as far as I recall and they do not look like these specimens.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Great, thanks! 
I will add the species to the bin’s labels.  
Hopefully they will do well!
Since I live in a Mediterranean climate, these particular millipedes ought to do very well (over the tropical hissers and other millipedes I have). 
I have scarlets and bumblebees with other hisser species, and was worried when I found an injured scarlet with my black tiger hissers (prob my fav out of the 5), but further investigation on other specimens showed all of their legs and they were fully intact and healthy. 

• Like 1