Hi from Belgium

Maarten..

Hi everybody,

my name is Maarten and I live in Belgium. I'm a 28 year old guy and live together with my girlfriend. I currently keep Gromphadorhina portentosa, Blaptica dubia, Archimandrita tesselata, Gyna lurida, Eublaberus posticus, Phoetalia pallida and Lucihormetica subcinta. None of these species are kept as a feeder roach. But since I also keep praying mantids, sometimes the dubia's and the pallid's are the unlucky pets.

Up untill now I haven't yet quit with a species so these guys are also the roaches I have had trough the years. My first cockroaches were the hissers who are in my possession for more than 8 years now.

I stumbled into this forum while looking for roaches on the internet.

Excuse me for making language mistakes.

Hi there. Welcome to the forum. :) How does your girlfriend feel about the roaches? :P

The roaches were first! :rolleyes:

I already had my hissers before we decided to live together. Her first ultimatum was that the roaches had to leave, but I didn't bend. So the next species (dubia's) started with a miniature colony, which she didn't mind too much, and then the hobby (especially the number of dubia's) started to grow. She likes the sounds of the roaches running about in old leaves. It sounds like a sunny autumn day walk. Once in a while she finds an escapee, and then she's less enthusiastic about it. <_<

Welcome to the forum! My husband doesn't like roaches but he doesn't mind them anymore. I filled up our entire computer room with cages. He only gets one corner. lol. I try to show him ones that are cool but he just says "yuk!". So luckily there's this forum where other people think roaches are interesting and don't think I'm a wierdo for saying a roach is cute or pretty. Hehe.

Welcome Maarten!

You have a very nice roaches ;) .

My uncle lives in Brussels and I go to Belgium once a year. We can meet if you want, I think I will go in summer.

Best regards,

Javier.

Let me know when you are coming, maybe we can exchange some stuff. B)

Welcome to the forum! My husband doesn't like roaches but he doesn't mind them anymore. I filled up our entire computer room with cages. He only gets one corner. lol. I try to show him ones that are cool but he just says "yuk!". So luckily there's this forum where other people think roaches are interesting and don't think I'm a wierdo for saying a roach is cute or pretty. Hehe.

It's strange why some people like football and other like baseball. It's the same with roaches, some people like them, and a lot of people don't.