Hi!

Ralph

I'm bad at introductions, but anyway, I'm Ralph. I keep G. portentosa and am looking into Blaberus giganteus or fusca. I've already made a few posts here. Look for my Blaberus giganteus or fusca? thread, second in General Discussions. I never knew that there were so many other roach people!

Thanks for the suggestion! I read that giganteus would occasionally drop dead for no apparent reason. I'm aiming for a small colony of maybe 3-4. What is a good male-female ratio that wouldn't produce too many babies? Also, does Blaberus.com sells sexed subadults?

Hey Ralph, Welcome to the fourm. Yep, most of the roach people in the hobby hang out here...great group!

I agree with Orin... Blaberus giganteus is a VERY impressive species. Orin recently sent me a picture of a B. giganteus with a wingspan of 145mm+... WOW is all you can say. I have Orin's bloodline- they are 100% pure...the best I've ever seen (you can pm him here or email from his website: http://www.angelfire.com/oh3/elytraandantenna/ )...I've had other bloodlines in the past but they never reached as large at this one.

I have no experience with Blaberus fusca- sorry (so my opinion is only based on my personnal experience with B. giganteus).

James at Blaberus.com is a good guy/friend with great roaches...you can always ask him if he can get you sexed subadults.

Welcome....

Graham

Thanks for the warm welcome! Do you know how often giganteus has nymphs, and how many per clutch/brood/whateveritscalled? They really are huge.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the warm welcome! Do you know how often giganteus has nymphs, and how many per clutch/brood/whateveritscalled? They really are huge.
It varies but on average I'd say less then two months apart and around thirty. If they're a little neglected the answer is never and zero.