Rhino's

Nice roaches! Rhinos are hard to come by, looks like your doing good. I have a terrible camera for bugs too, hence why I never post any pics. Are those adult?

Nice roaches! Rhinos are hard to come by, looks like your doing good. I have a terrible camera for bugs too, hence why I never post any pics. Are those adult?

Nope, still just babies. They are a little over an inch long. I can't wait for them to grow up. I've had them around 5 monthss now. I'd like to add a few more soon!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
It's not a good "substrat ", it needs a lot of cm of "substrat" to be fine.

Sorry for my bad English

http://blattes-schaben-roac.meilleurforum.com/

I'm playing Blonde today. By cm, are you talking the inches? Right now their enclosure depth is 5-6 inches. Mixture of sand and eco earth. I see a few of

them out and about on very rare occasions. I group them as pet holes along with my T's. :lol:

I'm playing Blonde today. By cm, are you talking the inches? Right now their enclosure depth is 5-6 inches. Mixture of sand and eco earth. I see a few of

them out and about on very rare occasions. I group them as pet holes along with my T's. :lol:

Keep the substrate shallow, they are one of the only burrowing roaches that can't molt correctly if there's dirt over them. In nature they live in small caverns they construct but in captivity the substrate collapses on them and there is no cavern. Shallow substrate can lead to them drying out and dying if attention isn't paid but deep substrate will end up with all or most becoming massively deformed. When you got them weren't you told to keep them on shallow substrate by the breeder? Only someone who has kept nymphs through molts at various stages of life would know this.

Keep the substrate shallow, they are one of the only burrowing roaches that can't molt correctly if there's dirt over them. In nature they live in small caverns they construct but in captivity the substrate collapses on them and there is no cavern. Shallow substrate can lead to them drying out and dying if attention isn't paid but deep substrate will end up with all or most becoming massively deformed. When you got them weren't you told to keep them on shallow substrate by the breeder? Only someone who has kept nymphs through molts at various stages of life would know this.

I can't remember if the breeder mentioned that or not. What depth do you recommend?

• 4 weeks later...

I've been seriously concidering on getting a few of this species...anybody know where I can find a really good caresheet for Rhino's?