G. oblongonata vs M. rhinoceros

Zephyr

2s9afqg.jpg

Adult males. The coin is a quarter.

Those are impressive sized boys. What are they in inches....I can guesstimate with the quarter for scale, just wondering. I had a small group of G. oblongonata years ago. One male and two females. The lady I got them from bought them from Roachfreak101 on that site. I really could not tell the difference from my other hissers. The male was almost four inches long. I eventually put the three in my hisser colony, I wouldnt do this with any of my other colonies, but oh well.

I tried to re-size the image so it would appear on screen at the same size they are in real life.

I measured the oblongonata in at a bit over 4 inches (but he wasn't cooperating and was scrunching up a lot). The Macropanesthia is probably a little under or over 3.

If you had as many male rhinos as oblongos to pick the best one from your outcome would likely be very different.

This is true. The females are about the oblongo's length or longer.

Coincidentally the male oblongo is from your line Orin. The one that doesn't get very big... :P

Are yoiu sure that is a fully mature male rhino? Mine were nearly 3 and 7/8ths inches, and my females were 4 to 1/4.... thought I posted a female photo a long while back....