Lost Roach

So this morning I noticed one of my A. tesselatas were missing from their tank. He must have been big enough to grab on to the top and escape. I looked everywhere and I can't find him. I've had an extremely hard time with this species so to lose one is upsetting. I hope he'll pop up eventually, but in this climate I don't expect he would make it very long outside of the tank.

Do you have a deep enough substrate for him to burrow? I just had my first adult about a week ago, 2 days after she molted into adult, I thought she escaped, but she was burrowed in the substrate, and she's been doing that since then.

An escaped A. tesselata is new... your plan for tonight sounds like the best thing to do. Another suggestion: Leave small piles of fish flakes (if you have them) on pieces of paper near likely hiding spots. My peppereds will do anything for fish flakes, and if you notice one pile was eaten you'll have a better idea of where he is.

That's a relief. Let's hope he doesn't show the others how he did it. :P