Horse Lubber Grasshoppers In Captivity

TiercelR

Hi, anyone rearing in captivity the Horse Lubber Grasshoppers ??

Anyone knows if their life cycle can be shortered at their maximum under of captive conditions, for so to rearing them as successfullyment as can be doed it with the captive species of the Migratory Locusts ??

The purpose is to having them breeding all the year round with as much clutches of ooths as possible with the nymphs growing in the less short time as possible.

Anyone in the forum has tried this ?? please share your experiences with this particular species !!

In this moment i don´t have live specimens of them, but outdoors i am able of to collect a few dozens or hundreds of them. Thanks, regards.

I have no I idea how to raise or breed them, but I saw a photo of one that was very beautiful. :)

I wanted to try to raise grasshoppers a while back, but I couldn't find much information on care for them. :mellow:

I read on Elytra and Antennae that they eat carrion, and are cannibalistic.

I have no I idea how to raise or breed them, but I saw a photo of one that was very beautiful. :) I wanted to try to raise grasshoppers a while back, but I couldn't find much information on care for them. :mellow:I read on Elytra and Antennae that they eat carrion, and are cannibalistic.

Hi likebugs, thanks for your reply. Yes, also i did readed this article there ! the info about the captive breeding of lubber grasshoppers is rare to find even online :)

The most nearest info i´ve readed is about the captive breeding of the migratory locusts, i do believe that a lot of the protocol could be very similar for to do it with the lubber grasshoppers, but nothing better that to hear info from people with previous experience breeding them.

Very good to hear you had haved a some of experience keeping grasshoppers in captivity. Did you obtained nymphs from your starter culture ?? thanks, regards.

IMCoverDec07.jpg This Invertebrates-Magazine backissue has a detailed article on keeping that species in captivity.

Hi Orin, thanks for your reply. I will send you a pm looking for info for purchase it. Thanks, regards.