How do I know when G oblongonota female is mature?

I have 2 large G oblongonata female nymphs, both were nearly solid black but under light I can see a maroonish tint.

One shed and now is the size of a adult male vanwierbeki, has orangish-yellow coloring on most of the body, but still has white patches on what I call "wing pads" which most G oblongonata nymphs have. Is she an adult or does she have another molt left?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My male Hisser has been trying to mate with her but all his attempts are rejected over and over, is this normal? I only have the one male.

I have A lot of Experience With G oblongonata, You should get a few more of them (2 more male 4 More females) You need To let the male fight in front of the females, Once you have a Few dominant males The females Will find him absolutely irrestible B)

I have A lot of Experience With G oblongonata, You should get a few more of them (2 more male 4 More females) You need To let the male fight in front of the females, Once you have a Few dominant males The females Will find him absolutely irrestible B)

The male eventually mated but interesting to know! My ears got a show never knew hissers made so many different noises there are multiple types of hisses and squeaks.

• 8 months later...

Just wanted to say she IS an adult and is now pregnant. smile.gif

She was playing hard to get, but the stud finally got to her. She's pretty, by the way. I have the same frustration you do with about 80% of my posts going unanswered. I guess it's expected with all the hundreds of threads on this site. It's a little better now that I've learned to quote the person I"m talking to, but still most go unnoticed.