B.giganteus cold resistance?

Yes they are extremely prone to drop in temp and cold weather

woah woah hang on a minute

i had my roaches in my shed for the summer and after halloween i cleaned out the shed to put stuff in it (my roaches were long back in the house) and i found an escaped B.fusca female on a chair, half frozen but still alive

she revived within 3 hours and is still alive today

Well how cold is it?

Just for fun.

I have found blaberus spp in Miami..it hit 29 F in 2010 there was iggs falling from trees and burms frozen to the road that year. I am sure the roaches and all the exotherms found deep stable shelter to ride it out.

Well how cold is it?

Just for fun.

I have found blaberus spp in Miami..it hit 29 F in 2010 there was iggs falling from trees and burms frozen to the road that year. I am sure the roaches and all the exotherms found deep stable shelter to ride it out.

some come from temperate areas and have to be more cold tolerant

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The buyer let me know he got a shipment of B.dubia from WI last week which all arrived fine, so I decided to risk it.

He just pmed me to let me know they all made it. They were all basically in suspended animation from the cold, but he got them warmed up and they're moving around.

Thank goodness! Glad to hear!