hardwood leaves

Does it matter what kind of leaves I use for isopods and roaches? Do different roaches need different leaves? I know to avoid cedar and pine.

Oak is considered the best, but maple, beech, and a few others are supposed to be almost as good. I always just throw a mix of hardwood leaves in my enclosures and the roaches can pick out what they like. Oak always seems to disappear the fastest though.

I don't even know what types of leaves I use, not oak or maple, that's for sure. Really any hardwood leaves seem to work, for me at least. :)

Cool! Thanks guys! I have 2 huge norway maples out in front of my house! Thats convinient. lol

Is eucalyptus ok? We have lots of it in SoCal

I'd say no, many Eucalyptus trees are poisonous, so I would stay away from them.

I don't know where this whole "Oak is the best" idea came from. There is only one oak tree within 50 miles of me, and I tried using the leaves from it in my roach colonies. The roaches preferred the ash leaves from my yard. It doesn't make that much of a difference IME though.