5 new roach species in the US hobby!

Redmont

I will be getting 5 new roach species in to the US hobby in a month or less from the UK. They will all be adults, so establishing a culture hopefully will take less time but it will be some time before they are distributed in the hobby.

I will also be getting 3 species of exotic roaches that are not to common in the hobby, one of which is the rhino roach which I already have for sale.

i will let you guys drool over these 5 new species and 3 other rare species I will be getting:P I will update this thread tomorrow with scientific names and a description of each roach, i will post pics when I get these species in the US.

please feel free to make assumptions of what species i may be importing, if you guess correctly I will give you a free starter culture of that species in particular (the genus and name must be correct, spelling doesn't matter this does not apply to the 3 species that are already in the hobby just the 5 new species.)

I will just say that one of the species is absolutely stunning, once I get them I will be the second person in the world to have them!

post away! 

Good guess but sadly no

• Like 1

Sorry none of those species

I beleave most of these species are from Aisia, and we will get a whole new genus in the hobby, with 2 new species in the genus  

None of those genus  

That stinks to luse such a expensive book, hopefully you find it.

• Like 1

Sorry I'm not getting them @dactylus they are on my list, I may trade some from cape cod roaches. I know a few people have them in the US, they mostly want to keep them to themselves, and they don't want to let them fall in the wrong hands (like my hands lol) because they breed fast and if I get any I will sell as many as I can and bring there prices down to where they are not rare anymore, which some people don't want to see, but I can message my supplier to see if he can acquire some in Europe or something.

Are the five new species in the US hobby in the UK hobby yet? If so, are they any of these?

Corydidarum magnifica (I know they are in the US hobby, but hell I want them to become more publicly available soon!)

Homalosilpha kryzhanovskii

Paranauphoeta formosansa

Eurycotis cf. pluto

Morphna dotata

Melanozosteria nitidia

Also, just gotta throw this name into the mix JIC, Archiblatta hoeveni? :D

2 minutes ago, Redmont said:

Sorry I'm not getting them @dactylus they are on my list, I may trade some from cape cod roaches. I know a few people have them in the US, they mostly want to keep them to themselves, and they don't want to let them fall in the wrong hands (like my hands lol) because they breed fast and if I get any I will sell as many as I can and bring there prices down to where they are not rare anymore, which some people don't want to see, but I can message my supplier to see if he can acquire some in Europe or something.

Actually they can be quite difficult to breed, I know of several US keepers who had their cultures fizzle out, so there is more than one reason they are still rare here in the hobby. But I do agree, some people like to hoard the rarer species to increase the market value.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hisserdude said:

Actually they can be quite difficult to breed, I know of several US keepers who had their cultures fizzle out, so there is more than one reason they are still rare here in the hobby. But I do agree, some people like to hoard the rarer species to increase the market value.

That's nice to know, I was under the impression they were easy to breed.

3 minutes ago, Redmont said:

That's nice to know, I was under the impression they were easy to breed.

Apparently they breed best if you get a large amount of them at once, and like many other Ectobiids, small lapses in care can lead to big consequences. 

Sorry not on the import list 

Close but it's not the exact species 

Some more guesses:

Rhabdoblatta yayeyamana

Corydidarum sp. "Myanmar"

Corydidarum nigra

Corydidarum sp. "Yunnun, China" (Like a smaller C.magnifica)

Paranauphoeta basalis

Ancaudellia hamifera

Melyroidea magnifica 

Corydidarum sp. "Yunnun is one of the new species I'm importing, I will get you a starter culture of them once my colony establishes, you would be the 3rd person in the world to have them after me 

• Like 1