Seperate my two male Gromphadorhina oblongonata ?

Bob

Hi folks !

I have two female and two male Gromphadorhina oblongonata in a glass 2 1/2 gallon aquarium. They are close to full grown. The two males stared fighting last night. Chasing eat other around and butting heads. No damage yet but I took one male out. I wonder If I should put them together but in a larger cage ? I want to breed these but don't want to loose any !

Bob

I don't think the males will really hurt each other but it can't hurt to separate them. If you're worried about having only one male for breeding you can alternate the males on a monthly basis.

There'd still likely be territorial combat in a ten-gallon though a twenty-gallon might be big enough for each to stake its own territory.

I don't think the males will really hurt each other but it can't hurt to separate them. If you're worried about having only one male for breeding you can alternate the males on a monthly basis.

There'd still likely be territorial combat in a ten-gallon though a twenty-gallon might be big enough for each to stake its own territory.

The person that sent me my pair of hisser's has a 10g aquarium with 9 males and after a year, she still has no problems with the males fighting. Maybe if the OP put some hiding spots in there, it would help. I have a few of the aquariums they are talking about and it should be big enough for two as long as the more timid one has a place to hide out.

My males fight all the time, but I've noticed that there are also some subdominant males in each of the dominant territories, so I dunno what happened there. They also seem to take shifts. :P

Nothing's funnier than watching a cockroach headbutt some otha brotha cuz he was hittin on his gurlfriend. XD