Conditions of detention Megaloblatta blaberoides

They are generally not difficult. Humidity is high, as for all cockroaches of the tropical rainforest (for example, Blaberus), the temperature is 25-30 C °. They eat everything, rather gluttonous. Ooteca lie for a very long time, it is better to incubate them separately, at high humidity and it is advisable to drop them with a substrate. Our first ooteca lasted for over a year.

• Like 1

Thanks ! Humidity as a percentage, can you tell me ? The seller told me the temperature was 22-24 degrees. I warned you that the above is bad. I didn't even want to send the nymphs at a temperature of 26-30 degrees. It was hot weather.

You might find this thread by @Xenoblatta useful:

As far as I know, rearing is easy, the diet isn't too hard, and you'll want to keep them quite warm and very humid, (I'd suggest good ventilation too). But I don't think anyone has successfully hatched Megaloblatta oothecae without surgically opening them... Unless @Gromphadorhini is saying otherwise.

Thanks ! I read this forum thread. But there are no temperature and humidity values anywhere. I have read all the branches from on this forum Megaloblatta . There are no temperature and humidity values anywhere. Only you wrote to me. Do you keep this kind ? What about the words of the seller (22-24 degrees)?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Shevg said:

Thanks ! I read this forum thread. But there are no temperature and humidity values anywhere. I have read all the branches from on this forum Megaloblatta . There are no temperature and humidity values anywhere. Only you wrote to me. Do you keep this kind ? What about the words of the seller (22-24 degrees)?

Haha I wish I could keep this species, but they've never entered the US hobby as far as I know. :( I would aim for 77-85 degrees Fahrenheit personally (25-29 C), for a tropical roach like this.

Thanks ! I'll do that. Feed what ? I feed them with vegetables and fruits. Definitely mushrooms. And rotten wood. About the exit of young nymphs. The seller wrote that the ooteks were lying in wet soil. Long. About a year. But everyone came out on their own.

The conditions of our laboratory: the temperature is in the range of 25—30 (they do not suffer from fluctuations at all, if they are smooth). Humidity not less than 80%, absolute ventilation, that is, through holes in a plastic container (on opposite walls) with a diameter of 15 cm, tightened with a thin steel wire mesh. Substrate 1—2 cm (coconut peat), food — apples and food for cats and/or dogs, gammarus. Cannibalist. Ooteca incubate under the same conditions, but in separate containers, the maximum incubation period is more than a year, but they may come out earlier. Nymphs grow for a long time, more than a year.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Shevg said:

Thanks ! I'll do that. Feed what ? I feed them with vegetables and fruits. Definitely mushrooms. And rotten wood. About the exit of young nymphs. The seller wrote that the ooteks were lying in wet soil. Long. About a year. But everyone came out on their own.

I would offer dog food, fruits and vegetables. Mushrooms are probably not needed at all, they don't appear to be fungivores. And I highly doubt they eat rotten wood at all.

10 hours ago, Gromphadorhini said:

The conditions of our laboratory: the temperature is in the range of 25—30 (they do not suffer from fluctuations at all, if they are smooth). Humidity not less than 80%, absolute ventilation, that is, through holes in a plastic container (on opposite walls) with a diameter of 15 cm, tightened with a thin steel wire mesh. Substrate 1—2 cm (coconut peat), food — apples and food for cats and/or dogs, gammarus. Cannibalist. Ooteca incubate under the same conditions, but in separate containers, the maximum incubation period is more than a year, but they may come out earlier. Nymphs grow for a long time, more than a year.

WOW, so you have actually bred them? That's insane, and that oothecae incubation is SO long! You said cannibalist, do you mean are they cannibalistic towards each other? I really hope to see these bred in the hobby more often soon, would be amazing if they made it to the US! :D

1 hour ago, Shevg said:

And the young nymphs who have just come out of the oothecae eat the same thing ?

Yes I would assume so, nymphs of all ages should have the same diet.