Eustegasta buprestoides

A beautiful species of small Blaberid with metallic green adults. 😍 I did not find them too difficult to rear, fingers crossed they'll breed well for me!

Female:

E.buprestoidesFemale%233.JPG

E.buprestoidesFemale%238.JPG

E.buprestoidesFemale%2311.JPG

E.buprestoidesFemale%2314.JPG

Males:

E.buprestoides%2312.JPG

E.buprestoides%238.JPG

E.buprestoides%235.JPG

Females are unbelievably vibrant in coloration, they look oversaturated in real life. 😍 Males are quite a bit darker but still super pretty.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Allpet Roaches said:

Cockroach availability today is crazy

Yeah, we're seeing some really awesome species entered culture lately for sure! If only there were a bit more people in the hobby here, and more interest in some of the less flashy species as well.

2 hours ago, Allpet Roaches said:

Cockroach availability today is crazy

The availability is definitely crazy for those who have been accompanying the hobby since its inception.

Going back to 1st October 1986 BCG Species List which is only limited to 17 species, tells us all how far it is has grown.

But to be honest, I am more amazed by how organized the hobby was back then, with newsletters, regular articles, all of those efforts which built the foundation in which we all of us are still standing on today. its just amazing if you think of all the limitations back then!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Martin said:

The availability is definitely crazy for those who have been accompanying the hobby since its inception.

Going back to 1st October 1986 BCG Species List which is only limited to 17 species, tells us all how far it is has grown.

But to be honest, I am more amazed by how organized the hobby was back then, with newsletters, regular articles, all of those efforts which built the foundation in which we all of us are still standing on today. its just amazing if you think of all the limitations back then!

You might only meet a new hobbyist every year or two back then.