Gyna nymph size?

Mine are tiny and the adults are pretty good at getting into teeny tiny spaces and cracks. Be careful if the lid is loose fitting. But then again it's nearly an impossibility for G. lurida to live in a home, even my damp basement wouldn't supply a good enough home for an infestation. Mine are still in a small culture but they are some beautiful roaches and I'm excited to have them.

Mine are tiny and the adults are pretty good at getting into teeny tiny spaces and cracks. Be careful if the lid is loose fitting. But then again it's nearly an impossibility for G. lurida to live in a home, even my damp basement wouldn't supply a good enough home for an infestation. Mine are still in a small culture but they are some beautiful roaches and I'm excited to have them.

Darn, yeah they can't live lost one found found it dried up :( Well scratching that idea. My newest idea is a gyna tank on bottom and a mantid tank on top going to build a special tank. Waiting to have an established colony. Thx you'll always giving a helping hand :)

If the screen is on the lid the nymphs won't climb to it. If it's on the side, newborns will walk right through it.

Figured as much. Just going to build a special Gyna tank. Want a tank that will show off there flying ability. Thx again

• 3 months later...

Are Gyna sp. available in the U.S.? They are an incredible looking roach.

There are 3 species, one of which has two color morphs, in the US: Gyna lurida, Gyna lurida "Yellow", Gyna bisannulata, and Gyna capucina. The first two are easy to breed while the last two are much more difficult.