Beginner polyphagid?

What's the best polyphagid for the beginner? I have the money to buy some roaches and I really want a polyphagid. Thanks in advance!

The Egyptian Sands are gorgeous, but I've found them to be rather dull. They aren't active in the daytime like the Therea are, and they're frantic and the males will glide when handled so they can't really be interacted with. I've got their tank right next to both the Domino and the Question enclosures, and the Sand tank always looks empty compared to the other two. They've also produced a fraction of the nymphs in the same amount of time, but the adults did mature at the same rate.

I plan on keeping these at room temp, mr crackerpants says T.olegrandjeani and P.aegytiaca will breed at room temp. I will look into these. Thanks for the help guys!

P.S. Yeah I have heard these guys take a while to grow. :)

I plan on keeping these at room temp, mr crackerpants says T.olegrandjeani and P.aegytiaca will breed at room temp. I will look into these. Thanks for the help guys!

P.S. Yeah I have heard these guys take a while to grow. :)

They take a while to grow because they are kept at room temp...they are ectotherms and their growth depends on the support of the environment around them. Roaches are great you can keep them at room temps and most of them thrive!!!

Here are some pics of my cages that really push them to grow at there best.

The cage is a 2.5 gal tank with a plexiglass top with little ventilation and a 25 watt light bulb inside the cage that is the most important factor.

A few inches of rich top soil from outside and a layer of leaf litter.

IMG_2605_zpsefe95db6.jpg

IMG_2603_zps94cb78c2.jpg