New Elliptorhina species in my collection

A few days ago, several adults and about two dozen Elliptorhina coquereliana (Saussure, 1863) nymphs from Moscow will come to me. They were caught in the north of Madagascar - the natural range of this species. Earlier, I carried out identification using material from this culture (external morphology and preparation of the genitals). Based on this data, I can confidently say that the culture is Elliptorhina coquereliana.

Photo of a adult male:

Vhiu6c5YfNM.jpg.00d54b7c81039ed74c152843d9fa9e7e.jpg

• Like 2

I've heard these are being cultured in Europe, such a nice species! 😍 Another hisser that will hopefully make it to the US hobby in time, hopefully they aren't too difficult to culture! Best of luck breeding them! 😁

• Like 2

On 1/25/2021 at 8:05 AM, Gromphadorhini said:

A few days ago, several adults and about two dozen Elliptorhina coquereliana (Saussure, 1863) nymphs from Moscow will come to me. They were caught in the north of Madagascar - the natural range of this species. Earlier, I carried out identification using material from this culture (external morphology and preparation of the genitals). Based on this data, I can confidently say that the culture is Elliptorhina coquereliana.

Photo of a adult male:

Great to hear that! Hissers are the best! Hopefully this will be a big win for the US roach hobby! Good luck, and keep us posted! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FlamingSwampert said:

Great to hear that! Hissers are the best! Hopefully this will be a big win for the US roach hobby! Good luck, and keep us posted! 

Well, the OP is in Russia... But hopefully one day they'll make it to the US! 😄

11 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

Well, the OP is in Russia... But hopefully one day they'll make it to the US! 😄

Agreed... but yet again it seems the autocorrect has struck me down! And embarrassed me on the internet... I have no idea what it autocorrected to US, but I originally said "for the roach hobby" (at least before my computer decided that it writes better than I do)

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, FlamingSwampert said:

Agreed... but yet again it seems the autocorrect has struck me down! And embarrassed me on the internet... I have no idea what it autocorrected to US, but I originally said "for the roach hobby" (at least before my computer decided that it writes better than I do)

Ah, I just love auto-correct... 🙃😂

• Haha 1