Hello from Houston

GardenDrag0n

Hey there folks, this is GardenDrag0n from the Houston area. I'm having a great time getting into the hobby and am trying to pace myself and get a good understanding of the species I have. Fortunate to have some good local invert folks down here!

Currently keeping a variety of micro feeders for fun (3x springtail species, bean beetles, molitor mealworms, confused flour beetles, tropical white and dwarf purple isopods ) as well as some fancy isopods, a few special millipedes, and a small group of blue death feigning beetles. Oh and there are some roaches and a whip scorpion too!

For roaches, I'm currently working with Polyphagia sassurei, which seem to be putting on growth and are fairly bullet-proof so far, as well as Therea peltiveriana and a colony of little Kenyans. The Kenyans might become feeders at some point if reproduction can keep up; for now they are pets. 

Anything that I can watch grow and reproduce is a plus!

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 11:55 PM, GardenDrag0n said:

Hey there folks, this is GardenDrag0n from the Houston area. I'm having a great time getting into the hobby and am trying to pace myself and get a good understanding of the species I have. Fortunate to have some good local invert folks down here!

Currently keeping a variety of micro feeders for fun (3x springtail species, bean beetles, molitor mealworms, confused flour beetles, tropical white and dwarf purple isopods ) as well as some fancy isopods, a few special millipedes, and a small group of blue death feigning beetles. Oh and there are some roaches and a whip scorpion too!

For roaches, I'm currently working with Polyphagia sassurei, which seem to be putting on growth and are fairly bullet-proof so far, as well as Therea peltiveriana and a colony of little Kenyans. The Kenyans might become feeders at some point if reproduction can keep up; for now they are pets. 

Anything that I can watch grow and reproduce is a plus!

Nice assortment of inverts you have there. Welcome to the forum! 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/31/2021 at 3:50 AM, Allpet Roaches said:

Welcome! There are tons of great invertebrates in Texas.

Thanks!  I have not been out to collect much yet but I know there is great potential in the area based on what I've seen while outside wandering around. 

My best find has been an eyed click beetle, which had gotten into my house and was making a racket in the hallway ;)

• Like 2