RoachCrossing Down

Hi all, not sure if this has been posted yet, apologies if it has. Curious if anyone has on knowledge on whats going on with Roachcrossing at the moment. I know he's been inactive for quite some time, I emailed him about ordering some species roughly 6 months ago but never heard back, now I notice the roachcrossing website appears to be down entirely! Anyone have any idea if it will ever be back up/what the situation is?

• 2 weeks later...

There's a big discussion going about this on FB... Even if Kyle renews the website, his once immaculate reputation is now in disrepair, and he's neglected several of his species to death, including some colonies that were the last of their kind in the US. Sad, but true.

I for one am losing hope for a "glorious return" from Roachcrossing, though I'd be quite happy to be proven wrong. 

• Sad 1

I don't think reputation is a big factor in internet sales. I've known vendors with crazy reputations who continue many years later but still get unusual things (I still break down and place an order now and then). It mostly has to do with rare items and advertising sales. I know Kyle seemed to do an amazing amount of sales and I have no idea why he has shut down so often and for such long stretches. I imagine whatever he's done to drum up great sales can be repeated by him, but it does seem he disappears for longer and longer periods. Keep in mind there may be much that you know that is entirely lost on me, I haven't heard from him in years. Also, if there are any positive or negative reports they should go in the seller feedback only and reference a specific, factual transaction. 

On 9/9/2020 at 6:45 PM, Allpet Roaches said:

I don't think reputation is a big factor in internet sales. I've known vendors with crazy reputations who continue many years later but still get unusual things (I still break down and place an order now and then). It mostly has to do with rare items and advertising sales. I know Kyle seemed to do an amazing amount of sales and I have no idea why he has shut down so often and for such long stretches. I imagine whatever he's done to drum up great sales can be repeated by him, but it does seem he disappears for longer and longer periods. Keep in mind there may be much that you know that is entirely lost on me, I haven't heard from him in years. Also, if there are any positive or negative reports they should go in the seller feedback only and reference a specific, factual transaction. 

If all the people who had bad feedback for Kyle left reviews on him here... He'll make a slew of good sales every now and then, which has been enough to keep him afloat, but as far as I know, he's been essentially blacklisted from most of the larger roach FB communities ATM... 😞

Wow, I knew things were a bit shaky but I wasnt aware of the depth of the apparent issues, best of luck to him whatever it is thats going on and thanks for enlightening me more on the situation all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It seems like Kyle is currently trying to make good on his end of deals he still owes people right now, he has sent some of my friends his ends of trades he owed them and sent me what he owed me as well, so if Kyle still owes anyone here anything, now's the time to get in contact with him. Hopefully he's turning over a new leaf now, we'll see. 

• Like 1