How I fell in love with roaches?

Martin

Hello! Nice to meet you all and thank you for accepting my membership. 

First of all, I never thought I would be keeping roaches for pets. But now I am.

I am an ant keeper he saw himself one day having to order a small colony of red runners, to be able to feed my colonies with diverse sized roaches. 

Once that colony was exhausted, i ordered another one, and another one, until one day, I decided i should keep them constantly to save money and overcome the winter time where all my colonies would struggle for feeder insects.

From those, I jumped by chance to domino roaches, and it was at that moment I started to fell in love with roach keeping. Started buying books, reading what i could and watching videos, etc.

Then started to expand my collection.

Blatta Lateralis
Elliptorhina Javanica
Eublaberus Distanti
Gromphadorhina Portentosa
Gyna Caffrorum
Gyna Centurio
Lucihormetica Verrucosa
Opisthoplatia Orientalis
Perisphaerus sp. (Macau)
Therea Olegrandjeani
Therea Petiveriana

This is where it stands at this moment.

By the way, I am from Portugal, but I have been living in Macau (South China) for the past 11 years. I am married to a Thai wife, and we regularly go to Thailand - where i hope to be able to catch new roach species for my collection.

Nice to meet you all! 

And Roach Love!

Cheers,

Martin

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum Martin, nice collection you have there! 😁 I'm particularly interested in the Perisphaerus, any pictures of those? The Perisphaerinae is my favorite cockroach subfamily, and I always love seeing new species entering culture! Interested to see what cool new species you're able to catch where you live and travel! 

• Like 1

Dear Hisserdude, 

What an absolutely pleasure it is to have your welcome! I have read your blog many times :D

Since you showed your interested on the Perisphaerus I am keeping, i decided to do a post about them.

Hope you enjoy! and thank you for your hard work!! it helps a lot, specially for newcomers like me!

Regards,

Martin

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Martin said:

Dear Hisserdude, 

What an absolutely pleasure it is to have your welcome! I have read your blog many times :D

Since you showed your interested on the Perisphaerus I am keeping, i decided to do a post about them.

Hope you enjoy! and thank you for your hard work!! it helps a lot, specially for newcomers like me!

Regards,

Martin

Oh thank you, glad you find my blog useful! 😁 Thanks for making this post, always nice to see new Perisphaerus in culture! Hope we see more species in culture here in the US one day! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Arthroverts said:

Welcome Martin, glad to have you join us!

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Thank you Arthroverts!! I also been reading your blog! :D 

regards!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Allpet Roaches said:

Welcome aboard Martin!

Thank you so much! Very happy to be here ! :D

And share this world with all of you!